Want to have the most exciting job in Northern Ireland?
We Are Vertigo employs enthusiastic, adrenaline fuelled instructors in Ireland’s first and only indoor skydiving centre. This is the opportunity of a lifetime, to work in and be part of an innovative and growing company.
We are searching for physically fit, acrobatic adrenaline junkies, who want to wake up and feel excited about going to work. Instruct a range of customers from all over the world and ensure they receive an experience they’ll never forget. Full training will be provided for this role so skydiving experience is a bonus, but not essential. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, discounts and the opportunity for progression.
Key Skills & Responsibilities
Instructors will report directly to the Head Instructor and Operations Manager. Key responsibilities will include, but not be restricted to:
- Welcoming customers, checking in and answering any queries
- Delivering a loud, clear briefing to large groups of people
- Upholding all safety processes put in place by the company
- Delivering a thrilling, memorable experience to customers through safe, coaching and instruction during their visit
- Operating the tunnel and its systems
- Performing demonstrations and stunts in the wind tunnel in front of customers
- Taking in flight photos and up selling merchandise
- Keeping the facility clean and merchandise well stocked
- This role requires instructors to be of a certain level of fitness. The job will be physically demanding with the possibility of spending up to 8 hours instructing and demonstrating.
Who are we looking for?
- Customer service experience
- Coaching / instructing experience
- Extrovert, who can create and sustain conversation with people of all ages and backgrounds
- Outstanding communication skills
- Safety awareness and responsible
- Stamina and strength (have the ability to catch or correct the movements of a person up to 22stone in the tunnel)
- Able to follow instruction, criticism and open to learning
- Willing and able to work evenings and weekends
Other preferred criteria:
- Acrobatic background
- Skydiving experience
- Full clean driving licence
- Instructors may be asked to work shifts at We Are Vertigo’s other site based outside Belfast. Applicants must be understanding of this and keen to work throughout the We Are Vertigo group.
We can offer an exciting and fun working environment as well as the following benefits:
- Great training and development scheme
- Competitive salary
- Unique staff incentive scheme (e.g. ski holidays)
- Development in exciting and expanding company
- Great employee discounts on all our activities (upon completion of probationary period)
- Annual company activity days and recognition awards
- Free tea/coffee and discounted meals on duty
- 28 Days holiday (Including Bank Holidays)
- Workplace pension with employer contribution
- Childcare vouchers
Free car parking
If this sounds like you send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and be one of the first to hear about our job openings.